Co Enzyme Q10 is widely used in cosmetics but did you know why?
Co Enzyme Q10 is found in every cell of the body.Your cells use it to produce energy for cell growth, maintenance and renewing. It also functions as an antioxidant, which protects the body and especially your skin from damage caused by harmful molecules.
Here are five ways in which CoQ10 benefits your skin:
1. It energizes your skin. Young skin has ample amounts of CoQ10 and so has lots of energy – energy needed to repair damage and make sure the skin cells are healthy.
2. It protects against photo-aging – that means premature aging due to over exposing the skin to the sun. The sun is the fastest skin ager.
3. It rejuvenates skin by stimulating skin cell activity. Active skin cells get rid of toxins easily and can make better use of nutrients. When your skin ages, all these processes slow down, causing dull and sallow, wrinkled skin.
4. It stimulates collagen production. Collagen is the protein that decreases as we age, leading to wrinkles and leathery skin. Helping you make more collagen, CoQ10 is a skin saving essential.
5. It is a potent anti-oxidant that acts against oxidative damage. This damage is done by, for example: UV rays of the sun, pollution, toxins, stress. And this damage all leads to one thing: premature aging that shows up on the skin. When metals oxidise, we call it rust. When humans oxidise, we call it aging. Sometimes it also leads to disease. So we need something to help us prevent ‘rusting’. Anti-oxidants like CoQ10 are the answer and have a critical role to play in both the body and the skin.