It takes 12,000 petals to produce one single 5ml bottle of rose oil. Amazing, right?
The pure Bulgarian Rose Oil (Rose Otto) is extracted from the oleaginous Rosa Damascena through steam destination. Often called ‘the liquid gold’ it is known to be the most expensive, but loved oil because of its aroma and health benefits. Its true aroma is heavenly rich and sensual!
What I find astonishing is that throughout history, rose oil uses have ranged from heart and digestive health to hormonal and almost anything in between. The list of Rose oil health benefits is overwhelming but here are some of them:
- boosts confidence and mental strength
- protects wounds from becoming septic and developing infections
- promotes blood circulation
- reliefs painful and sore muscles
- acts as a shield against viruses
- helps in the removal and neutralization of toxins
- acts as a tonic for the nerves giving them strength to bear shock and protects them from disorders resulting from age and injuries.
True natural beauty in each vial. In cosmetics, Rose Oil is used to balance moisture levels in the skin, to promote healthy complexion and even skin tone, and to reduce the appearance of skin imperfections.
Emotionally, this nature’s gift is the best mood lifter I have ever came across. Diffused or added to your home spa ritual, it is a perfect stress relief ‘tool’ that will brighten your thoughts and senses, and will make you feel energized and refreshed.
Often, Rose Oil is referred as an aphrodisiac. It helps in such cases as sexual dysfunction related to performance anxiety and stress. Also, it has been reported that it can help balance sex hormones, which can contribute to increased sex drive.
Wondering how to use Rose Oil at home? The following tips may help you and if you are trying some of these, please let me know what you think:
- For romantic evening combine rose oil with carrier oils like jojoba, coconut or olive and rub into your partner’s neck, shoulders and into the reflex points of the feet. It will soothe muscles and smooth the skin. The aroma is very strong. Use 2 drops diluted into 30 - 50ml carrier oil.
- Diffuse in the morning to promote energy and vitality, and in the evening for peace and relaxation.
- Mix 3 drops rose oil with 50 ml. olive oil and add to your bath water or directly sprinkle 1-2 drops rose oil. The essential oils will evaporate quickly, along with their therapeutic benefits.
- For beautiful, radiant and young looking skin add a drop or two of rose oil into your own facial cream or body lotion.
One of the things I am grateful for is that Mother Nature has given us powerful allies for good health and strong minds, and these are generously available for all of us.
We wish you bright and exciting days, filled with joy and love.
Bg Rose Team